Re: [hypermail] Strange request for Hypermail!

From: Peter C.McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

 grp_at_med.uoc.gr (G G PAPAZOGLOU) writes:
>Sounds OK, if you want to add a more general feature. Yet I don't see the need
>for such a complex development if you have in mind such a simple issue as
>mine. In my case for example, it would be enough for me if a simple text file
>is created by Hypermail containing the stuff I request each time it is
>executed. I wouldn't want it to require more resources or bandwidth. Also, I
>don't particularly like something as general as 'executing external commands'.
>If I wanted something so general I could start looking how to do the whole
>thing using a Perl script. I believe the purpose here is ease of
>administration.

 I suspect your purpose is sufficiently specialized and unlikely to be used by many others that it doesn't make too much sense to put something in Hypermail to handle it. A Perl script may well be a better answer.  I will postpone my plans to add a general purpose feature.

Peter McCluskey          | Free Jon Johansen!
http://www.rahul.net/pcm |