[hypermail] disallowing all attachments

From: Ron Pero <rpero_at_magnadev.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:10:15 -0500

Dear Hypermail Folks

To get around all security problems with hypermail, I would like to simply not allow any attachments whatsoever. The documentation does not spell this out, as far as I can see. A search of the email archives found these:

Results for query "disallow all attachments"

http://www.landfield.com/hypermail//mail-archive/2001/Nov/0037.html
http://www.landfield.com/hypermail//mail-archive/2001/Nov/0034.html
http://www.landfield.com/hypermail//mail-archive/2001/Nov/0033.html

Although there are a couple uncertain suggestions, there is no definitive word on how to disallow all attachments.

Here are a couple of the suggestions.

I *think* you can do that with "ingore_types", as I believe that accepts "wildcards"... So you can specify it to ignore all types.

I think you can accomplish what you want by using this option: text_types = *
which is designed to cause all MIME types to be treated as text/plain.

Is there a definitive method for doing this?

Thanks,

Ron Received on Mon 04 Mar 2002 06:20:55 PM GMT