Re: [hypermail] New META date tag feature

From: Bill Moseley <moseley_at_hank.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 21:14:00 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, William R. Knox wrote:

> I have implemented a new feature in hypermail to include the META Date tag
> compatible with the Dublin Core standard (which specifies the format
> YYYY-MM-DD), both by default and as a macro (%D) usable in message header
> files. This date is useful for search engines, such as the newly released
> ht://Dig 3.1.6, which make use of this META tag, if it exists, to
> determine the age of the file instead of the modification date. Given the
> update that happens to message files when a new message comes in, this
> seems like a useful patch to implement accurate date-specific searches on
> your archive.

Hi Bill,

Does this just rewrite comments such as

    <!-- received="Sun Sep 09 16:51:47 2001" -->

as a <meta> tags?

Swish-e can do something similar. Try a search at:

    http://search.apache.org/archives/mod_perl-dev/

Swish can parse, search and return meta tags in search results, but in this case it's parsing the data from the comments in the hypermail files.

--
Bill Moseley moseley_at_hank.org