Re: [hypermail] Date sorting incorrectly

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:39:32 -0800 (PST)

 moseley_at_hank.org (Bill Moseley) writes:
>I'm running yesterday's CVS version.
>
>Take a look at http://search.apache.org/docs-dev/date.html -- this post
>from me is not sorted by date correctly. I've seen out of order sorts but
>then they seem to get fixed in the next run (so maybe it will be correct by
>the time you look -- I've cut part out below).

 I think it's always sorting on the date that it got from the "From " line, but displaying the date from the "Date: " line.

>Also, is there a way to use GMT for all dates? Plus use the Received time
>instead of the Date: header? Not everyone has their clock set correctly on
>their machines.

 There's a gmtime option that controls the timezone used to display dates (add "gmtime = 1" to your ~/.hmrc to try this). There doesn't appear to be any easy way to control which date gets used where.

Peter McCluskey | This space under construction. http://www.rahul.net/pcm | Received on Thu 27 Dec 2001 10:43:56 PM GMT