Re: [hypermail] index page update

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:28:34 -0800 (PST)

 towb_at_gmx.net (Tobias Weber) writes:
>On 18 Nov, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:
>
>> It doesn't need to rewrite all the html files. Try putting a line that says:
>> overwrite = 0
>
>That does it, thanks. Maybe the documentation should be changed, "Set to
>1 to make Hypermail overwrite existing archives by default" is a little
>misleading.

 I have changed to default for that option back to 0.

>> I will look into whether a -m addthese.mbx can be made to work (or at very
>> list warn the user if the mbox doesn't contain the old messages).
>
>Or use an existing .hm2index to generate correct indices.

 I have made some changes so that multi-message mailboxes seem to work correctly with the -u (increment=1) option.  I have also added a check if usegdbm is on and hypermail is used in the non-incremental mode with a mailbox that doesn't start with the same msgid as the existing archive. I will think later about getting this warning to work without gdbm and will consider whether it should be turned into an error instead of a warning.

Peter McCluskey | Free Dmitry Sklyarov! http://www.freesklyarov.org/ http://www.rahul.net/pcm | Received on Tue 20 Nov 2001 07:32:20 AM GMT