Re: [hypermail] naming files

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:32:28 +0200

Hello PEter,

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 03:43:28PM -0700, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:

> Note that it is now possible to delete messages (in the sense of making
> them invisible to normal browsing) via the "deleted" option without
> changing URLs.

Yes, I saw this option. Pretty interesting. I didn't yet look at it in detail, but I'm not sure if it's erasing the attachments associated to a deleted message. It does delete that file that corresponds to that banned message.

> >I think I'll also need to store in a dbm file some relationship between
> >the filename and the number we were using before, so that we can search it
> >easily. This is not yet very clear, because I am just starting work on it.
>
> I'm uncertain whether I would want dependence on a dbm file to be the
> default mode of operation. I presume you would make this optional, at
> least when it is first introduced?

Yes, it will be optional, so that only people who are interested in the feature can use it.

-jose Received on Mon 20 Aug 2001 06:39:40 PM GMT