Re: [hypermail] Question concerning .hm2index with date indexing on

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:15:18 -0700 (PDT)

 glenn.r.bailey_at_intel.com ("Bailey, Glenn R") writes:
>Hello-
>
>I have recently installed hypermail 2.1.2. For one of my mail lists I
>configured it
>to do folder_by_date and monthly_index. I use a mail alias incremental
>update scheme.
>
>My problem comes in that I have occasionally had some problem like wrong
>permissions
>crop up (due to fat fingered admin) that causes the hypermail to complain
>and not update.
>
>Ok, I can fix things and resend, but hypermail removes the .hm2index file
>prior to having its
>problem, so that even if I DO fix the permissions, the list archive still
>fails because the .hm2index
>is missing. The only way to get it back is via a mbox archive I keep to the
>side and a modified

 I have checked in a change that will cause it to abort before removing the .hm2index if it's using folder_by_date and incremental updates and can't open the file. Under any other conditions, it should recreate the .hm2index automatically.

Peter McCluskey | Fed up with democracy's problems? Examine Futarchy: http://www.rahul.net/pcm | http://hanson.gmu.edu/futarchy.pdf or .ps Received on Thu 26 Jul 2001 02:19:17 AM GMT