Re: [hypermail] author view

From: Eric Luhrs <eluhrs_at_ws.bham.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:22:14 +0000 (GMT)

owner-hypermail_at_landfield.com sent this on Feb 22:
>On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:
>There's been an entry in the TODO-file for ages that says we should add some
>kind of config entry that lets the user control which indexes to generate. I
>think that would be great. It would also allow us to make even more kinds of
>indexes and let the user decide which ones to use.

I think it would be a very good idea to add this flexability. I needed to remove the "author view" links becuase the list I process is moderated, and hence the moderator shows up as the author of every message--rather pointless for my users. I just went through print.c and commented out most of the MSG_AUTHOR stuff, and it worked, but a configuration option would be very nice.

  Eric

--

Eric Luhrs | eluhrs_at_ws.bham.ac.uk | http://ws.bham.ac.uk