Re: [hypermail] Problems with mbox

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:41:56 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Chris Seidel wrote:

> Perhaps you can enlighten me on the correct action to take? For instance
> all the messages are of the type below. I find one boundary but never a
> second one, and then the next message starts. Is there supposed to be a
> second boundary?

Yes there is. There should be one before each "alternative" (as multipart/alternative defines it is a set of alternatives coming) and then there should be a final one prefixed with --.

> Is there some other way to deal with these messages? Or fix them?

If they all look like this, you should probably just cut off the header that says Content-Type: multipart/alternative; as the rest of the mail doesn't seem to be in that format.

> I tried using the ignore_types option, and the messages were parsed but
> empty. Yet some of them have useful information that I would like to
> preserve in the archive.

The multiparts are tricky when malformed, as they're allowed to contain pretty much everything, the start of the next mail is just considered a piece of the part...

Please keep the mails regarding hypermail directed to the mailing list.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77