Re: [hypermail] strange problem with koi8 subjects

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:47:13 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> But there is strange problem with subjects- they are truncated if in
> coded koi8- τΕΣΤ (Test) looks in Hypermail like τΕΣ (Tes). Is there any
> way to solve this problem?

The MIME decoder in hypermail is far from complete. I would say that you would need to get a debugger, read the code and see what can be done to improve it.

I wrote it, I've never tried it with anything but iso-8859-1 characters/codes. I think we all would appriciate some help with that part from someone that actually use some "exotic" character set.

> And another question- is it possible to have message recoding in
> hypermail, i.e. if message charset is win1251 translate it to koi8?

No. However that is another feature I think would be very nice for hypermail to do, so if you're up to implementing it, I think I can speak for more than just me when I say that we'd appriciate it.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77