Re: [hypermail] Language clearing task finished...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:36:35 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Nicolas Noble wrote:

> I've finished the work I've assigned to myself, ie the cleaning up of the
> whole message-thing of hypermail.
>
> But I know some people that will *hate* me after that :)

You really should allow some time to pass between to post a task till you make it real. Since when you've already made it this way, you make it harder for the rest of us to suggest different approaches or perhaps contrinute with our already figured out solutions.

I'm not saying you did a bad job, on the contrary, I like people that get things done.

> -) removed the whole 'lang[message_id]' system and changed to a
> 'lang_tr(message_id)' system, ie it's safier now (no chance of
> mis-choiced messages if in DEBUG_LANG mode)

Why is the HTML texts treated differently from the "stdout" texts? I mean, if gettext can be used for the normal texts, why can't it be used for the HTML?

> I've done many changements into the whole code but I think hypermail will
> still works after that, since only simple string-based function are
> affected. This task was a bit more complicated that I thought, but it's
> done now. And since this has changed a lot the code, the patch is *HUGE*
> (about 170KB). So I won't drop it into this mail. You can download it
> here:
>
> http://www.ifrance.com/nobis/hypermail-patch

Patches to hypermail should be posted to the 'Patches' section of sourceforge. At http://sourceforge.net/patch/?group_id=18117

It is much better if we gather all patches at once place.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77