RE: [hypermail] Attachments index

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:33:37 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Crispen, Bob wrote:

> There's a file proto.h which contains function prototypes for *some* of
> the functions, though most of the ones I've worked with have been in the
> respective header files for each package.

I'll fill you in with some historical details:

When I started to make my biggest changes to hypermail 2, there was only the proto.h file. Every single time I modified a prototype, I changed that file and when I typed 'make' every single source file had to be rebuilt.

I find that kind of hassle very annoying so I started convert things towards specific header files for specific source files.

The transition is not complete, and it may not ever become so, but that's the story behind what you see today.

> (b) Eventually eliminate proto.h and use
> only the header files for the packages?

That is what I prefer.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77