RE: Will hypermail work with Netscape Mail server Inbox's?

From: Hayley Turnbull <>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:02:11 EST

Look, I have no idea how my email address got onto this thing, but i really dont wish to get emails about all this stuff. Its all double dutch to me, I would appreciate it if you could take me off the list, or tell me how i can.

regards, Hayley turnbull

From: "Tom von Alten" <> Reply-To: "Tom von Alten" <> To: <>
Subject: RE: Will hypermail work with Netscape Mail server Inbox's? Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:47:18 -0700

Ashley M. Kirchner writes:

> Method A (append all into one single file):
> cd inbox
> for file in * ; do (stuff); done

If '*' is going to expand to 129,000 individual files, you'll probably need to take another approach.

> Now just pipe this message through hypermail.

Somehow, I don't imagine 129,000 concatenated messages are going to "just pipe" through hypermail, either.

Someone with more experience than me will have to come up with something that will work, but I wouldn't expect this simple command line stuff to work at the scale of the problem that Chris describes.

_____________ Hewlett-Packard Personal Storage Business Tom von Alten

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Tue 26 Sep 2000 01:04:53 AM GMT