Re: hypermail schould not overwrite files with mode 0000

From: SigmaW <SigmaW_at_azmailbox.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:11:46 -0700

| What other possibilities are there when you turn a file -w? Hypermail
stops
| and complains? What if that file was in the middle of your archive?
Hypermail
| will essentially stop working every time it hits that snag.

Don't know what happens if you fiddle with a ####.html file, but I can tell you from personal experience that if the index.html file has incorrect write permissions hypermail will trot right on by and update all the other files in the system. If you later correct the permissions, it will properly update index.html to include all activity.

I must say, it would be nice to have something other that a techie brute force way to prune individual messages from the archive. Received on Fri 15 Sep 2000 08:13:20 PM GMT