Re: Limiting number of messages displayed

From: Shane Wegner <shane_at_cm.nu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:22:37 -0700

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 02:58:16AM -0500, Michael J. Stanislawczyk wrote:
> Does the Hypermail program do this, or should I investigate splitting
> the "summary" pages wby another means?
Hi Michael,

I believe HyperMail has an option where it can put the output messages in date specific directories. However, the last time I tried using this feature, the dates where based on the program run-time and not the time of the message.

I found that what worked for me was to manually rotate things every now and then. For my purposes, a monthly archive was sufficient. I have attached the script I use. If you want a daily or weekly rotation, it will have to be modified but it's a good starting point.

You will probably want to also write a CGI script to figure out which directories exist to create the links on the main index page. There may be an easier way to do this but I don't know about it.

Best regards,
Shane

--
Shane Wegner: shane_at_cm.nu