Re: Help sought

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:35:24 -0700 (PDT)

 Daniel.Stenberg_at_contactor.se (Daniel Stenberg) writes:
>On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>
>> What I would like to be able to find is a program that would allow me to
>> generate a list of the subject lines of (and pathnames or links to) the
>> new HTML files that have been created in the last N days.
>>
>> The problem is that after hypermail completes, all html files have been
>> touched, so I can't just look at the modification dates on the html files
>> themselves.
>
>Well of course it needs to, since links may need to get updated etc.
>
>I suggest you keep a list of existing files and after each time you run
>hypermail you compare the list with the new set of files.

 For archives that have a search engine that reports the file modification date, you really want something better than that. I've written a Perl script to change the modification dates to what is found in the sent or isosent comment fields:
http://www.rahul.net/pcm/fixhtime.pl

 I encourage you to add this to the contrib directory.

Peter McCluskey          | The US Idea Futures Exchange: speculate on
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | political,financial issues at http://www.usifex.com