Majordomo interface and auto-split

From: H. Wade Minter <minter_at_lunenburg.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:42:17 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm using Hypermail in a script to archive a majordomo list to the web. However, there are a couple of things I'd like to do that have stymied me thus far:

  1. I'd like each new message to the list to go to the archive. I tried setting up an alias in the majordomo aliases file that read:

/usr/local/bin/hypermail -i -u -d /home/html/lists/list-name/

But I got an error about not being able to open a lock file, even though the directory was owned by "majordomo".

2) How would you set up a system so that the list gets split into months automatically?

Ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Wade Received on Tue 21 Mar 2000 09:45:33 PM GMT