Re: Fellow Hypermail User (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_contactor.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:36:16 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Carner, Philipp W wrote:

> I am having a problem with the view by Thread. Most of the lists do not
> indent any of the threads, but there are a few lists that work correctly.

I doubt that the problem is related to what list it is. It is likely to be because of specific headers in the particular mails.

> And the view by Author and Subject indent fine on all the lists.

They are so much easier to make.

> I was wondering if you experienced any problems?

Yes. Threading is a risky business and hypermail does have its share of problems in that area.

The best help we could get in order to improve the threading that I can think of right now, is an as small mailbox as possible that still displays the problem your experiencing. Then please put that mailbox together with your config file and all other info related to how to make the problem appear and put the files on some temporary web page and allow a few developers to download them and have a go in the laboratories!

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77