Re: Web interface to purge hypermail archives

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:40:53 -0600 (CST)

# > Is anybody aware of a web interface that assists one in purging junk / old
# > messages from the archive?
# > We have a lot of "upcoming meeting" messages in our archives and would like
# > to purge the periodically.

One is on the todo list. Not there yet.

# cd $archive
# rm -f `grep 'upcoming meeting' *|cut -d: -f1`

:) While this will work, I don't recommend it. If you have a copy of the contents in mailbox format then just remove the messages from the mailbox file and rebuild the archive.

# Joey
#
# PS: There's always an easier way :)

:) It's the outcome that gets a bit problematic. ;)

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/