Re: Setting Timezone

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:01:25 -0600 (CST)

Please pardon my confususion...

# I've been using hypermail 2b28 on a mail archive called from a cron job and
# from the command line without problem. All the dates appear in my timezone
# even though the archive is on a server in a different timezone. I've placed
# a TZ command in the config file I'm using and that seems to work fine.

Is the processing that is done by hypermail actually done in your timezone but available on a server in a different timezone ? As via NFS of AFS or some distributed filesystem ?

# Now that I try the same setup by piping messages into hypermail from a
# procmail recipe the dates end up as the local time of the server.
#
# Can someone advise me how to correct this?

So mail is received on a machine in one timezone, processed there and then the long term storage and public availability in from a system in another timezone ?

# Darrell Burkey
# http://www.tucan.net/darrell
# 0408 622 647

Sorry for the questions but just trying to understand the layout.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/